Sunday, August 12, 2007

When the Scottish Highlands meet the Gangetic plains....

The "India Alba" fusion was an excellent experiment. An hour of pure traditional music,pleasing to the mind and soul. How beautifully the bagpipes blend with our tabla,someone was not wrong when he said 'Music is universal'. Impartially speaking though,the Indians were far far ahead,this was evident from the difficulty the bagpipe artiste was facing to do an alap in Raga 'Kaafi' ( Hindustani) but, the attempt is truly commendable. Overall, an excellent experience. The tabla artiste was the hero of the evening...

My day tour to Loch Lomond was very nice, once again got to see the Highlands. My God, it is heavenly. Am hurting because, in a couple of hours, I leave this beautiful country, the beautiful people- warm and friendly,the stunning landscapes, the rich history, the streets - Royal Mile, the Haggis office, the festival,the music and above all, the ultimate freedom of spirit that reverberates in this place, it is a tough thing to leave happiness when you are in the middle of it.

But am glad, in another week, I will be home with my people, my home, bed, food and music and work ofcourse. God is very kind to me, especially the last 2 days, I am sure he listened to everything I told him...

My travels have made me a better person for sure, but my Scotland trip has changed me forever. Being amidst nature's unknown forces - animate and inanimate ,has mellowed me down. My pride has given way to some kind of humility,one that has realized that beyond all men,lies a force that is tough to oppose and it is best to take it in one's stride and live to the fullest. And it has taught me the true power of prayer!!

My bus to London leaves at 10 PM and it is 6.30 PM now....

3 comments:

SP said...

Hey rex,
Nice to know that u r having a great time there..Thought u will be back today..Looks like there r no signs of your return to india before 15th.
:)
Anyway have fun and enjoy!

Sundari said...

Longer tour than planned? Tooo much .....

Preethi said...

Missed you enough for one month.. now, come back, rex, come back! :p